Seems like I never have enough time in the day to get done what I want to accomplish. How about you?
We could all use a few more hours in the day. But, is it possible that we’re not making the most of our hours? Everyone is limited to 24 hours per day – it only makes sense that the people getting the greatest productivity from those hours are going be successful in the game of life.
Here’s the most powerful productivity tip you’ll ever read:
===> Always do the most important thing first. <===
How simple is that?
Let’s find out why it’s important to do the most important task first:
Simply put, you consistently get the most important things done.
See why it’s so important to do your most important task first:
1. You consistently get the most important things done. Of course, if you do the most important thing first each day, you consistently get the most important thing done. How many people can say that? Everyone else is avoiding the most important thing because it’s often the least pleasant.
● You don’t have a lot of competition when you’re willing to do the tough things. You’ll leave everyone in the dust.
2. Only a few things really matter. No matter what you’re trying to accomplish, most of the things you could be doing don’t matter a whole lot. When you do the most important thing first, you’re sticking with what matters and avoiding what doesn’t.
3. Willpower is at a maximum earlier in the day. Your ability to do challenging things is greatest in the morning. You’re fresh and your willpower is at its highest level of the day. Everything you do saps a little of your willpower, so do the most important thing first.
● Leave the easier tasks for later in the day. You’ll need less willpower to complete those easy things, so save them for those times you have less willpower to spare.
4. Your focus and energy are greatest earlier in the day. After you’ve been up for an hour or two, that’s about as good as it’s going to get. Do you know anyone whose focus and energy are best at 2:30 in the afternoon?
● Do your most important work when you’re at your best. Each task you perform takes a little out of your resources. Avoid putting off your important tasks.
5. Focusing on the most important task becomes a habit that can be used in every part of your life. This is a powerful habit to create. Imagine how much you would accomplish over the next year if you spend the first part of your day doing the most important thing.
● Contrast that to how you live your life right now. It’s easy to visualize the positive change this shift would have on your life.
6. You can enjoy the remainder of your day. When you get the most important work done early in the day, you’ll have more time left to enjoy your life. When you spend your time on things that don’t matter a lot, you have to spend more of it to make any progress.
Most of us make the mistake of putting off the most important tasks of the day because they’re often not enjoyable. However, you’re at your best earlier in the day. When you do the most important task first, you’re ensuring that it gets done. You can’t run out of time if completing it is your highest priority.
Getting the most important thing completed each and every day is one of the best ways to guarantee your success. Begin building this important habit.
It will take your life to a new level of accomplishment.